Introduction & Pre-test
Welcome to the Course
Play Therapy Poem
I tried to teach my child from books
He gave me only puzzled looks
I tried to teach my child from words
They passed him by, often unheard
Despairingly, I turned aside
"How shall I teach this child?", I cried
Into my hand he placed a key,
"Come," He said, "and play with me."
This online learning module is designed to provide an overview of integrating play therapy in the home-based environment.
- In this course we will explore the following topics:
- Theoretical foundation from which play therapy was developed
- The stages of play therapy and assessment processes
- Models of play therapy
- Issues and ideas for integrating play therapy into the home setting
- Examine the role of the therapist in the play therapy process
- Applying play therapy with a common family
Play therapy has a strong foundation rooted in theory. This course will discuss theories that have influenced the development of play therapy including client-centered, Gestalt, Adlerian, Jungian, Filial, Theraplay and others. Play therapy has its roots clearly embedded in child development. The successful play therapist understands developmental theory especially the contributions of Piaget and Erickson.
- Next >>