Page 19 of 23
Sample Questions for Supervision Structure and Therapeutic Skills Development
- Questions to ask your supervisor
- What could I be doing to make this situation worse/better?
- What am I missing?
- Do I seem overly critical?
- Can we have a conversation of each of our expectations of supervision?
- Questions to ask yourself
- What might be behind the family's behavior that I find frustrating?
- What could I learn about this family that could impact my opinion of them?
- Questions your supervisor should be asking you
- What might the client be feeling about this interaction?
- Are there aspects of working with this family/in this job that have become more stressful for you?
- How are you balancing the different aspects of your life (personal and professional obligations)?
- How are you taking into consideration the family's and your differing worldviews?